Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Shout-out to my Colleagues

As we close out the final week in our class, I just would like to thank each of you for helping to contribute to the knowledge that was gained during this course. It was just a pleasure to interact with you all through the method of the internet. I also thank you for sharing with me and others about your passion for early childhood and your experiences. You all are a very valuable and knowledgeable group of individuals and I definitely look forward to interacting and learning from you in future courses. I wish you all much success in your future professional and educational endeavors.


Here are some quotes regarding children that really caught my eye:

"An aware parent loves all children he or she interacts with- for you are a caretaker for those moments in time."
- English Proverb

"The soul is healed by being with children."
-Mohandes Ghandi, political and spiritual leader in India

"No one has yet fully realized the wealth of sympathy, kindness, and generosity hidden in the soul of a child. The effort of every true education shoud be to unlock that treasure."
- Lady Bird Johnson, former first lady

"Hugs can do great amounts of good, especially for children."
-Dr. Seuss, author

5 comments:

  1. Hi Priscilla,
    Love all of your quotes especially the one from Dr. Seuss!

    Thank you for reading and commenting on my blogs or discussion postings. I have enjoyed reading your posting and blogs. Wish you all the best in your future studies.
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ghandi, had some profound insight about children. I love that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Priscilla,
    I especially liked the part "the effort of every true education should be to unlock that treasure" from Lady Bird Johnson, former first lady. Great post.
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Priscilla,

    Loved all the quotes! It's also been great working with you, and I look forward to working with you in future classes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for all of your helpful information. Without people like you and our other classmates there would be a lot of children that would not have a head positive head start into life.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a Preschool Teacher at a private preschool in Tennessee. I have been in the early childhood field for 17 years. I have an A.A.S in Early Childhood Edcuation, a CDA, B.S in Child Development with a specialization in Preschool, and currently I am working on my M.S in Early Childhood Studies at Walden University.