Monday, January 16, 2012

Early Childhood Resources

This blog is about an online early childhood resource that I like to reference for information. The name of this of this online website is the National Association for the Education of Young Children, better known to many as NAEYC. NAEYC is one of the leading forces for the betterment of young children everywhere. They help to put in place standards and developmentally appropriate practices that work best for young children. This particualar organization also recognizes early childhood programs that provide children and families with high quality services. The website is packed with information for early childhood professionals that helps them to better support children's development in all domains of learning. As I browsed this website, I found information pertaining to issues/trends affecting young children and families. As I browsed through the links, I found position statements that deal with cultural and linguistic development, inclusion, how to assess young English language learners, and early learning standards just to name a few. The link to this website is ww.w.naeyc.org. Also on this website early childhood professionals can find information about upcoming conferences, books to use with children, membership information, and how to take early childhood webinar courses.

2 comments:

  1. NAYEC is a vital part of the Early Childhood field. Two local childcare centers in Scotland County recently received national accreditation via NAEYC. This accreditation has allowed them to improve the quality of their center and increased professional development. I believe that all centers should strive to be NAEYC accredited. This organization has vital information that is useful to children, families, and the early education and care community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Priscilla,
    I am doing research on NAYEC also; I have found this website very informative. I like that they also give you additional links to help improve your way of connecting with children. I look forward to learning what you find on this website.
    Vennetta

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a Preschool Teacher at a private preschool in Tennessee. I have been in the early childhood field for 17 years. I have an A.A.S in Early Childhood Edcuation, a CDA, B.S in Child Development with a specialization in Preschool, and currently I am working on my M.S in Early Childhood Studies at Walden University.