Saturday, July 14, 2012

Communicating With Others

On a daily basis, I communicate with hundreds of people each and everyday. I communicate with my children, my siblings, my aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, colleagues, and the clients that I serve. As I communicate with each group of people, I communicate with each of them in my own special way. When I am communicating with my children, I use a certain tone and language, this language guides in my nurturing of my children. As I communicate with my siblings and other family members, I am more relaxed and laid back. I tend to use more of a low language and some slang. This type of communication occurs, because I am more comfortable with them and I know that I am free to be me. Communicating with colleagues and clients, I communicate in a manner that displays my level of professionalism. A high language is used as I work with my clients and colleagues.  So as I communicate I am able to adjust my communication skills and levels to reflect the current context.

1 comment:

  1. Priscilla, I never thought about how any people we communicaiton with daily. No matter the number it is important to adjust how we communicate to ensure we communicate effectively.
    julie

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a Preschool Teacher at a private preschool in Tennessee. I have been in the early childhood field for 17 years. I have an A.A.S in Early Childhood Edcuation, a CDA, B.S in Child Development with a specialization in Preschool, and currently I am working on my M.S in Early Childhood Studies at Walden University.