Sunday, June 24, 2012

Professional Hopes and Goals

After participating in such an intriguing course about diversity, equity, and social justice, I think that my main hope is that I am always striving to put my best effort forward as I work with children and families and all through-out my early childhood career. Reflecting on the knowledge that was gained during this course, I hope that I will never forget to be fair and just in all that I do on the for the children and their families. This means addressing my own biases first, before embarking on the task of teaching others. Sharing what I know  about diversity with others is equally important in my work. Having a genuine love and passion for the people that I work with and for is another hope for my work.

One goal that I have for the early childhood field is to make it a mandate for all early childhood teachers to incorporate the Anti- Bias curriculum in their programs. As I have been learning through my course work, the earlier a child is taught about anti-bias behaviors, diversity, and equity then they are more likely to develop pro-active behaviors that supports acceptance of all.

Last but not least I would like to thank each of my colleagues for contributing to my growth in this course. Reading your blog postings, discussion responses, and your comments has really helped to expand my thinking as it relates to the topics that we have covered in this course. It has also been a pleasure reading about each of your different experiences with diversity, inequities, and culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a Preschool Teacher at a private preschool in Tennessee. I have been in the early childhood field for 17 years. I have an A.A.S in Early Childhood Edcuation, a CDA, B.S in Child Development with a specialization in Preschool, and currently I am working on my M.S in Early Childhood Studies at Walden University.