Saturday, October 20, 2012

Issues Related to Diversity Collage



The pictures featured in this blog are just a glimpse of what I have been learning about in my Diversity course. Child abuse, lack of education, single-parent homes, rights for LGBT individuals, racial disparities, medical care for all families are just some of the issues impacting our communities everywhere.  Quality early childhood programs, strong families, and advocates such as you and I  are all important to making the world a better place for ALL children in the world.  So let's all do our part!! 









2 comments:

  1. Priscilla,
    This course has opened our minds about different family structures and groups of people who are privilege and discriminated just because they are different or out of the "norm". Being different is not bad at all for as long as we know who we are and accepted where we came from.
    Your collage has a strong message of promoting diversity and equity for families and children in our care.
    Thank you for your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Priscilla,

    Your post has summed up the impact that diversity and caring has on our world. We must be inspired to make a difference in the lives of the children and families that we meet. As a society we must be encouraged to right some of the wrongs that have plaque our children for generations. Thank you for your collage.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a Preschool Teacher at a private preschool in Tennessee. I have been in the early childhood field for 17 years. I have an A.A.S in Early Childhood Edcuation, a CDA, B.S in Child Development with a specialization in Preschool, and currently I am working on my M.S in Early Childhood Studies at Walden University.