Saturday, October 27, 2012

What I have Learned

I must say that engaging in this course has really opened my mind up even more to the injustices that burden down many children and families. As I make my final post for this course, I will share my hopes for children and families, my goals, and a note of thanks to my colleagues that have journeyed though this course with me.

One hope that I have as I think about my work with children and families, is that I will be able to give them a Priscilla that understands the issues that affect them and works hard to ensure that these injustices does not occur in her presence. I will do my best to share my current knowledge about Anti- Bias Education with other my colleagues at work so that they can be just as mindful as me about the issues that hinder the health and well being of children and families.

One goal that I would like to set for the early childhood field is that all early childhood educators will begin to see each child and family for who they are and instead of comparing them to others, meet them exactly where they are. This means celebrating the good in all they encounter.

Lastly, I would like to give a special thank you to Teresa and Anabel for all the supportive and encouraging members of the early childhood field. The children and families that you work with should be blessed to have you. You two will go far and I look forward to working with you in future courses. It's count down time ladies!! We're almost done!!!

2 comments:

  1. Priscilla,
    Our commitment to the field of early childhood field is just starting and I hope that we will apply what we learned during this course in our classroom and our community.

    I could have not done it without your help as well as Teresa's and Dr. Hertz. I would like to thank you too for all your support and contribution to our discussion and blog assignments.

    I hope you will continue to find courage to advocate for our families and children. You have proven that by working hard and by educating yourself that you have conquered all adversities that came your way. Thank you for your dedication to your profession and hope to work with you again on our next course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Priscilla,

    We have gained a lot of wonderful knowledge from this course. You, Anabel, and I have been blessed by the wisdom of Dr. Hertz and the great materials that have enabled us to grow in knowledge and spirit. Thank you for your discussion posts and comments. Your students and families are blessed to have your support on their educational journey.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a Preschool Teacher at a private preschool in Tennessee. I have been in the early childhood field for 17 years. I have an A.A.S in Early Childhood Edcuation, a CDA, B.S in Child Development with a specialization in Preschool, and currently I am working on my M.S in Early Childhood Studies at Walden University.