Saturday, July 13, 2013

Quality Programs for all Children

For this blog, I will be blogging about how I hope public opinion will change over the next five years. I really hope that the way people view early childhood will change for the better over the next five years. I hope that they will begin to change their opinion about early childhood, by reading and understanding that their is a significant amount of research out there about the benefits of early childhood. I hope that people's opinion will change as they begin to be open minded about the fact that ALL children deserve the right to have a successful start by having the opportunity to attend a quality early childhood program. I hope that as the opinions change for the better about early childhood education, ALL children will have the chance to attend, because more classrooms and programs will have been created. I believe that as children attend quality programs, they then to fair better better in future endeavors. Those endeavors include excelling in academics, relationships, employment, and decreased criminal activity. I also hope that the public opinion will change about the importance of incorporating programs and services for families into early childhood program. What the public needs to understand is that making sure children have access to much needed services that will help them to promote their growth and development.  So over the next five years I hope that the public will have a more positive opinion of the benefits of early childhood.

3 comments:

  1. Priscilla,

    I agree completely. Although the wording I used was different, I am coming from the same viewpoint. Early childhood is not yet fully looked at as an element that does have a significant impact on the future of our society. If as educators and advocates we can raise awareness, we can help influence and be a part of the change over the next five years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Priscilla,
    My hopes are that educational opportunities for all children will increase over the next five years. The achievement gap is continuing to grow between children of affluent families who can afford early childcare, and those who cannot. We do not want to create weak links by not giving all children a fair start in life. Early intervention is paramount in preventing school failure among children and families who are marginalized by society.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hope for the profession in the next five years. I think people need to understand the amount of research and energy that goes into obtaining the vital information that we use to educate young children. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a Preschool Teacher at a private preschool in Tennessee. I have been in the early childhood field for 17 years. I have an A.A.S in Early Childhood Edcuation, a CDA, B.S in Child Development with a specialization in Preschool, and currently I am working on my M.S in Early Childhood Studies at Walden University.